Here you will find current job vacancies and the requisites which we value in the selection of candidates for both the central office and delegations.
If there are no vacancies which match your profile, send us résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subjet line the position you are interested in (essential)
Educo is an international development NGO, formerly known as Intervida. We defend children’s rights and promote sustainable social change by improving the living conditions of the vulnerable populations, especially children. Our development projects are aimed at promoting dignity and improving the living conditions of children and their families. Thus, our point of reference is the international Convention on the Rights of the Child. Our action areas are: education and health as priority sectors; food security and economic development as complementary sectors; and environment, community participation and gender as cross-cutting sectors.
Educo has been working in India since 1998 directly or through partnership with local NGOs.
To lead overall direction and organization’s strategy in India, implementing and communicating the organization’s vision, mission and strategic plan.
Master’s degree or equivalent background in international development, social science, social rights and social development, or a related field.
Excellent spoken and written English. Valued Hindi, Marathi and spanish.
Extensive knowledge of international development programs
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in leading international development programs with a focus in India.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated capacity in team management, working with multi-stakeholder groups involving local government units, government and private institutions and non-governmental organizations
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Country office planning and strategy development
- Human resources management and development
- Financial and administrative management and control
- Oversee and coordinate all the marketing and fundraising strategy and activities
- Representation and networking of Educo in India and advocacy when appropriate
- Monitor and improve program effectiveness considering impact criteria.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Educo has a child protection policy that safeguards the protection of children. Educo will undertake all necessary steps to guarantee protection of children and undergo background checks and gather references of job applicants.
35.000 € gross salary per annum. Negotiable subject to candidate’s experience and the actual country of residence.
The India Country Delegate will be based in Mumbai. Availability to intensive travel is a prerequisite.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGMENT
The initial duration is expected to be 12 months with possible extension
Individuals satisfying the requisites and interested in the offer should send their CV to email@example.com with DEL IN in the subject line no later than April 6th 2014.
Candidates from India will be given priority
Individuals not satisfying the requisites, please abstain from sending your CV.